VELUX Solar Powered Skylights
VELUX roof windows have been bringing daylight and fresh air into homes around the world for more than 80 years. Our products help create bright, healthy and energy-efficient places in which to live, work, learn and play
Open and close your skylight with the power of the sun! Fitted with a solar panel, this skylight collects the sun's energy and uses it to open and close the skylight with a touch of a button. This skylight features:
1. Remote controlled - solar powered skylight requires no wiring, which makes for easy and cost effective installation.
2. Rain Sensors - With the integrated rain sensor, the skylight will close automatically if inclement weather approaches.
3. No Leak Promise - The No Leak Skylight carries a 10-year installation warranty, plus 20 years on glass, 10 years on product, and 5 years on shades and controls.
4. Clean and Safe Glass - Silicon dioxide makes Neat® glass exceptionally smooth. In fact, it's much smoother than ordinary glass so water disperses evenly (sheets off), and evaporates quickly, greatly reducing water spotting.
5. Less Noise - Reduce unwanted outside noise by up to 25% less than a standard double pane glass, and up to 50% less than a plastic skylight.
Standard Sizes Available For Solar Skylights and Costs:
The following prices apply to VSS models (roof deck mount applications)
21 in x 26-7/8 in - $1,367
21 in x 37-7/8 in - $1,604
21 in x 45-3/4 in - $1,536
21 in x 54-7/16 - $1,595
30-1/16 in x 30 in - $1481
30-1/16 x 37-7/8 in - $1,621
30-1/16 x 45-3/4 in - $1,688
30-1/16 x 54-7/16 in - $1,766
44-1/4 x 26-7/8 in - $1,671
44-1/4 x 45-3/4 in - $1,970
Sales tax & shipping not included
Skylight Installation Cost
Installation costs will vary according to the skylight model, number of skylights, and your roof pitch. Listed below are price ranges for installation of a new, single skylight, including labor for exterior finish work to the roof.
Replacement Cost: $950-$1,500 Skylight & flashing kit are not included.
1. Flashing kits - $200-$300. This kit includes leak barriers and metals flashing required to water proof the roof when installing a skylight. These kits are not included when you purchase a skylight however are required by the manufacturer to warranty the skylight to be leak free.
2. Light shaft for new installs - $2,500-$3,000. This is the area between the skylight on the roof and ceiling. It is typically enclosed with drywall and insulated per building codes. The light shaft can measure as little as 2 feet or be much deeper at 6 feet or more. The additional cost covers for labor and material such as lumber, metal connectors, insulation, paint and drywall to build a new light shaft where there are no skylights present.
You can expect to pay $5,000 for a new venting skylight where there is no existing skylight or $6,000 for a solar skylight.
Manufacturer's Warranty: 10-year installation warranty, plus 20 years skylight
Workmanship Warranty: 2-year by contractor
VELUX Solar Powered Shades
VELUX blinds add the ultimate functionality to skylights by giving you control over the amount of light they bring into your home. Choose among a variety of colors with manual or solar powered operation.
1. Room darkening blinds utilize a double-pleated honeycomb structure with an interior aluminum coating to reduce or block even the brightest sunlight, making them ideal for bedrooms or TV or entertainment rooms
2. Light filtering blinds have single-pleated fabric and are designed to allow soft, diffused light to enter the room and reduce glare, making them ideal for kitchens and bathrooms
3. Solar powered blinds provide light control with the touch of a button and they are eligible for up to a 30% federal tax credit, making them very affordable
4. This blind cannot be installed on skylights from other manufacturers or older VELUX skylight models
5. Remote control included with solar powered blinds
Skylight sold separately
Cell With - 3/8 in.
Minimum window depth required - 1.5 in.
Product Length- 20.04-57.07 in.
1. Velux Solar Room Darkening Double Plated Shade (White, Beige and Gray Colors) - $460 + tax & shipping (Free Pick up at Chicago location)
2. Velux Solar Blackout Shades - $550 + tax & shipping (Free Pick up at Chicago location)
Professional Installation is available at additional cost. We offer free estimates. Please note that shades come pre-installed from the factory on new skylights so there is no installation cost to you when you buy a solar power skylight.
Manufacturer Warranty - 5-year Limited
Workmanship Warranty - 5-year by contractor
Eligible for a 30% Federal Solar Tax Credit off product and installation. By going solar you can take advantage of the federal solar tax credit and save 30% on product and installation for all eligible skylights.
When the product is installed: Keep your receipts for total price paid (product and installation) for one of the qualifying VELUX products and attach them to a completed Federal Tax Credit - Manufacturers Certification Statement and keep for your records.
Venting Skylights- Manual Operation Options
Venting skylight that can be opened with a turning handle or control rod are also available. They also come in 10 different standard sizes from 21 inches in width to 44 inches in height. Prices range from $700 to $1,100 per each window. Installation and accessories such as handle, control rod, flashing kit and shades are not included and are sold separately. To request a free estimate for skylights and installation cost complete the form below or call 708.866.1541.
Fixed Skylights and Costs:
Fixed skylight windows come in 15 different standard sizes from 14 inches in width to 45 inches in height. Prices range from $300 to $700. Installation and accessories such as flashing kit, blinds are not included. To request a free estimate for skylights and installation cost complete the form below or call 708.866.1541.
Five Reasons To Replace Skylights When Replacing Your Roof
1. Save time and money: The skylights are old and with the roofing crew's work, they're likely to loosen up a bit. Replace them during reroofing to avoid more costly problems later.
2. Solar tax credit: Customers can get the latest, greatest solar powered skylight models for much less because they're eligible for a 30% federal tax credit on product and installation through December 31, 2032. Solar powered models also have the most functionality so you are getting the most bang for their buck.
3. Improved energy efficiency: Simply put, older skylights just aren't energy efficient. On the other hand, the newest VELUX models feature dual-paned glass that provides improved energy efficiency over the old skylights.
4. Daylight and fresh air: Update skylights for new functionality! VELUX's latest solar-powered models are remote controlled and the blinds are adjusted with the tap of a touchscreen.
5. Blinds for light control: Speaking of blinds, the newest skylight models can be outfitted with room darkening or light diffusing blinds to provide light control in the room below. They even come in fun colors and patterns for a little design excitement on the ceiling!
Inspection And Installation Guide For New Skylights
Save time and money by hiring an skylight and roofing expert. We can help you choose the right skylight, install it for you and even complete other trade repairs such as roofing, drywall, paint and insulation while saving you time when you don't have to hire multiple contractors and saving you money when you bundle all of the repairs with us. Click Here to learn more our inspection and installation process.
Free Window & Door Quote
Complete the form below to request a free estimate for door and windows
or call (708) 866-1541
Monday to Friday 9 am - 5 pm | Saturdays 9 am - 2 pm
Your message has been sent. Thank you.
Handouts and Drawings For Skylights Models VS-S-E
VS-S-E Venting Skylights Product Data Sheet - VS/VSS/VSE Are Venting Deck Mount Skylights
For additional drawings and specs for VELUX Fixed, Solar and Manual Skylights visit: https://www.veluxusa.com/professional/tools/architects/drawings-and-specifications#flashing